Kutz N Kurlz Hair and Beauty
Scroll to Top
For Best Urban Tan Results:-
Before your appointment:-
- You must thoroughly exfoliate and moisturise your skin the day PRIOR to your Urban Tan Appointment to remove all the dead skin. Please "Do Not" moisturise on the day of your treatment, the skin must be clean and dry.
- Shave or wax at least 24 hours prior to your Urban Tan spray application.
- Remove all traces of make up, deodorant and perfume as they may create a barrier.
- Wear loose dark clothing to your Urban Tan appointment. This avoids the bronzer rubbing off onto your garments. The bronzer is water soluble and will wash away.
- Care should be taken with lighter undergarments as the colour can hold on the inner linings / Lycra of these garments.
- "Do Not" wear light items of footwear or clothing that could cause friction and rub marks, for example tight socks, trainers, boots and belts.
After your appointment:-
- Daily moisturising with a recommended after care product AFTER the Bronzer is removed (after you have showered), will extend your Urban Tan by 2-3 days.
- "Do Not" apply moisturiser or liquid make up. Bronzing / loose powder is acceptable as is mascara and lipstick.
- "Do Not" wash your hands for the first 2-3 hours to avoid water marks on the wrists.
- Leave the Urban Tan application on the skin for a minimum of 6-8 hours. For optimum results, leave on the skin overnight.
- Shower as usual the following morning. Your Urban Tan sunless application contained a cosmetic bronzer, and this will wash off during showering. "Do Not" worry, this is usual and "Does Not" affect the end result of your Urban Tan.
- Pat the skin dry post showering, "Do Not" rub.
- Apply your recommended moisturiser or tan maintainer whilst the skin is still damp.
- "Do Not" exfoliate again for at least 5 days post your Urban Tan spray, or until the day prior to your next application.
- "Do Not" take part in any exercise or activities whilst your Urban Tan is developing. You can resume your normal activities once the bronzer has been removed in the shower.
- You can have as many applications as you wish, if you desire a darker result. It is recommended you wait a minimum of 24-48 hours between applications.
- "Do Not" swim whilst your Urban Tan is developing, wait until you have showered off the bronzes. Chlorine and salt will fade your Urban Tan faster, as this has a bleaching effect on the skin.
- Urban Tan contains "No" sunscreens and you must protect yourself in the sun in the normal way.