This privacy notice explains how Kutz N Kurlz Hair & Beauty looks after personal information you give us or that we learn by having you as a client and the choices you make about marketing communications you agree we may send you. This notice explains how we do this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We collect information about you when you book an appointment for a service or treatment, visit the salon for a service or treatment, buy a product or apply for a job, whether contact is online, on paper, by email or over the phone.
The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, relevant history which may suggest that a service or treatment should not go ahead or certain products should not be used (e.g. allergies, pregnancy, skin conditions), payment and transaction information, IP address and CVs.
For clients under the age of 16, we will only keep and use their personal information with the consent of a parent, carer or guardian.
In law, we are allowed to use personal information, including sharing it outside the salon, only if we have a proper reason to do so, for example:
- To fulfil a contract with you i.e. to provide the service or treatment you have requested and to communicate with you about your appointments.
- When it is in our legitimate interest if there is a business or commercial reason to do so, unless this is outweighed by your rights or interests.
- When you consent to it: we will always ask for your consent to hold and use health and medical information.
We will therefore share your information with:
- Providers of our salon software system Salongenius.
We have rigorous data protection and security policies in place with all our suppliers.
We will not share your information with any other third party without your consent except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
The information we collect about employees, the purposes it is used for and who it will be shared with is set out in our employment contracts and employee handbook.
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT FOR
Unless you request otherwise, we will keep your information to contact you for between 12 and 24 months after your last visit with us.
If you have not visited us within the last 24 months your records with us will be deleted. Your POS receipts will be kept for 6 years as required by law.
Information about unsuccessful job applicants will be deleted after four months.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
Your information is stored within the European Economic Area on secure servers provided by Salongenius. Any payment transactions are encrypted. Sending information via the internet is not completely secure, although we will do our best to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This will normally be free, unless we consider the request to be unfounded or excessive, in which case we may charge a fee to cover our administration costs.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact via email
Please state the information you require, where you would like the information sent and the name of the person to send it to.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
We email e-newsletters to inform you about products, services and treatments provided by our salon. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from e-newsletters at any time.
E-newsletters may contain subscriber tracking facilities within the actual email, for example, whether emails were opened or forwarded, which links were clicked on within the email content, the times, dates and frequency of activity. We use this information to refine future email campaigns and provide you with more relevant content based around your activity.
Our website includes links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This privacy notice was last updated on 1-5-2018.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
By email email@example.com
Or write to us at Kutz N Kurlz, 7 Market Square, Brynmawr, Blaenau Gwent, NP23 4AJ
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern: Report a Concern to ICO
Data retention policy
This policy sets out what information Kutz N Kurlz Hair & Beauty holds, how long we hold it for and when it will be deleted.
It also covers the procedure to follow regarding data requests.
- Information held by us.
- How long is personal data held for?
- Where is personal data held?
- How is personal data deleted?
- Access to personal information, correction and deletion.
INFORMATION HELD BY US
We hold personal information about:
- Former clients and prospective clients.
- Job applicants.
We also hold information about financial transactions relating to these e.g. services or treatments provided, products bought, payroll information.
HOW LONG IS PERSONAL DATA HELD FOR?
We aim not to hold personal data longer than necessary.
Unless requested by an individual, or you are currently a client, the following types of data will be held for the periods shown below, after which it will be securely deleted or destroyed:
TYPE OF INFORMATION
- Client general records. - 12 to 24 months.
- Client health records. - 4 years.
- Financial transactions, invoices and supplier details - 6 years.
- Employee records, contracts of employment, changes to terms and conditions, annual leave, training records. - While employment continues and up to 6 years after employment ends.
- Payroll and wage records including PAYE, income tax, national insurance, sick pay, redundancy payments. - 6 years from the financial year end in which payments were made.
- Maternity records. - 3 years after the end of the tax year in which the maternity pay period ends.
- Job applications (unsuccessful). - 4 months after notifying unsuccessful candidates.
- Emails. - One year from the end of the month in which they were received or sent unless a longer period is relevant as above. Emails to and from ex-employees or contractors will be deleted within 2 weeks of them leaving unless these form part of the employment record – see above.
WHERE IS PERSONAL DATA HELD?
Personal data about clients, financial transactions and employees are held on our secure salon software system which is backed up every day or held in secure electronic files electronically which can be accessed only by Salon Owners, Salon Manager, Selected members of staff.
Paper records are held in an office that requires a key code to gain access, or in secure archive storage.
HOW IS PERSONAL DATA DELETED?
Personal data is permanently deleted in accordance with the retention periods listed above from:
- Salon software system.
- Electronic files.
- Paper records, which are securely shredded using a professional cross cut shredder.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION, CORRECTION AND DELETION
See our privacy notice using the following link www.kutznkurlz.co.uk/about-us/privacy-notice.html
Scroll to Top
All requests for access to personal information will be handled by the Salon Manager.
Responses to requests will be made within 30 days.
All information relating to the individual will be compiled into a report and collected from:
- Salon software system.
- Financial transactions.
- Other electronic records.
- Paper records (where applicable).
Date completed 01-05-2018
Scroll to Top